If you are a parishioner living in the Archdiocese of Toronto and are interested in having your child baptized at St. James Parish, please fill-out the Baptism Form for your child, and send both parents & Godparents Baptismal certificate, along with a copy of the baby's birth certificate by email:
Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in its mission.
In order to get baptized in the Catholic Church, there are a few guidelines to follow:
1. A parent(s), or legal guardian, must consent to the baptism and give reasonable belief that the child being baptized will grow up under the Catholic religion.
- Must be a confirmed Catholic
- There may be one Godparent, or two. (If there are two, there must be one male and one female).
- Be at least 16 years old.
3. If you are interested in having your child baptized at St. James Parish:
- Must be a parishioner living in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
- Contact the priest: